We receive a great many applications for a limited number of openings. While each applicant will receive a response confirming their application, we apologise in advance that we are not able to respond to each applicant individually after that and will only contact those candidates whose applications we wish to take further.
ISO is an equal opportunities employer.
ISO is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Short-listed candidates will undergo regular screening, including following-up references with previous employers and Disclosure & Barring Service (or equivalent) checks.
Please review our Child Protection, Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment Policies before you apply:
Physical Education Teacher & Teaching Assistant
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Physical Education Teacher to become part of a dedicated team of professionals starting from October 2019. This position will require:
- Teaching the full PE curriculum (planning provided by the Deputy Headteacher) in English
- Provide safe and stimulating lessons
- Inform parents about lesson content on weekly
- Write a report comment for all students twice a year
- Support the school ethos, expectations and policies
From December 2019 the contract will be extended to full time, including the post as a KS1 Teaching Assistant.
Teaching Assistants are primarily hired to assist learning in the classroom and to work directly with children under the direction and training of the classroom teacher. Teaching Assistants are members of the teaching staff and as such, attendance at professional development sessions, staff meetings and school events is required. Teaching Assistants are expected to support classroom teachers to provide students with an outstanding international education, which inspires students to achieve their full potential and prepares them to be successful and responsible global citizens. The successful candidate needs to have excellent English, previous experience working with children and a passion for developing learning. The ideal candidate will also have a teaching qualification and previous teaching experience.
- Relevant experience as a teacher or teacher assistant in an international school (international school experience prefered)
- Pedagogical knowledge (Pedagogic school or teacher training module)
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Motivation to develop student’s knowledge following the ethos and principles of the British education system
- Work with direction, as part of a team and also show initiative
- A desire to learn, empathetic, with a sense of humour
- English language (minimum C1 Level)
Please send your
- a letter of application outlining your teaching experience and philosophy
- the contact details for two referees (one must me be your current employers)
to the following address: [email protected]